DEEP DISH APPLE PIE
Peggi Anne Tebben
·1 1/2 cup sugar, divided
·1/3 cup cornstarch
·1 cup water
·dash of salt
1 Tbspbutter or margarine
7 largetart baking apples, like granny smith
·*peggi's flaky pie crust
How to Make DEEP DISH APPLE PIE
- In large saucepan, combine 3/4 c. sugar, the cornstarch, water & salt. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick.
- Add peeled, sliced apples that have been generously sprinkled with lemon juice, to make the prepared sauce nice & thick with apples. May need more.
- Cover edges of pie with foil or crust shields & bake @ 375° for 25 minutes. Remove foil or covers & bake 20-25 more minutes until crust is a golden brown & flaky!. Allow to cool or serve warm with ice cream.
- INSTRUCTIONS FOR CANNING:
- Place in wide mouth quart jars. I fill a little over 2/3 full, as it expands some. Heat lids & place on jars & hot bath for 30 minutes. 1 jar will make a regular size pie. 3 jars will make 2 deep dish pies.