·1 - unbaked 9 inch pie crust
·1 - cup light corn syrup
·1 - cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
·3 - eggs, slightly beaten
·1/3 - cup butter, melted
·1/2 - teaspoon salt
·1 - teaspoon vanilla
·1 - cup pecan halves
How to Make Dear Abby's Pecan Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
- Sprinkle with Pecan halves.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until center is set. Toothpick inserted in center will comes out clean, the pie is done.
- If pie appears to be getting too brown, cover with foil for the remaining cook time.
- Cool - You can top it with a bit of whipped cream if desired.