How to Make Cushaw Pie
- Prepare squash by cutting off rind and seeding it. Cut into small chunks.
- Cook enough cushaw to equal 2 cups. This can be done by putting a small amount of water in a pan and slowly cooking it so it won't stick. Another way is to put cushaw in a microwave safe bowl, cover and microwave until soft.
- Put cooked cushaw in mixing bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix until blended well.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 350 degrees until done, about 45 minutes or until center doesn't jiggle.
- Take raw cushaw and freeze. Use another day.