Creamy Banana Cream Pie
I don't know what more to say about it...it's just plain YUMMY!
How to Make Creamy Banana Cream Pie
- 1Bake pie shell, according to directions on package or make your own from scratch. Allow to cool. Set Aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together 1/2 c sugar, corn starch and salt. Add egg and yolks and whisk or mix with hand mixer until smooth.
- 3In a medium saucepan, add milk and remaining 1/4 c sugar and heat just until it starts to boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and drizzle into egg mixture slowly while whisking briskly, when you have added about half the milk, stop and start pouring egg mixture back into pan whisking constantly, return to heat and whisk until thick. Remove from heat, add butter and vanilla, whisking it until smooth and creamy.
- 4Quickly slice 2-3 bananas (2 if large, 3 if small) into pie shell, pour pudding over top of bananas. (Or you can stir the slices into pudding as well) Place in refrigerator to cool for at least an hour.
- 5Toast coconut, place on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet, and bake for 4-7 minutes at 350. Stirring half way through. Ovens vary a lot, so watch closely.
- 6Whip cream with powdered sugar until peaks form. Spread over top of cooled pie, sprinkle with toasted coconut and place banana slices around edge of pie if desired.