Cream Cheese Custard Pie
1 1/4 call purpose flour
3/8 tspkosher salt
10 Tbspunsalted butter, cold, cut in pats
1 largeegg yolk beaten with 1 tbsp water
FOR THE CUSTARD FILLING
8 ozcream cheese
1/4 tspkosher salt
2 largeeggs + 1 yolk
1/2 chalf and half or canned evaporated milk
2 tsplemon juice
How to Make Cream Cheese Custard Pie
- For the crust, preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place flour, 3/8 tsp salt, 2 tsp sugar and butter in a food processor and pulse repeatedly until a coarse meal is achieved.
- Beat the egg yolk with the water and add to the flour/butter mix. Pulse a few times, just until the dough comes together.
- Turn dough out into a 9 inch pie pan. Press evenly with fingertips to form an even crust.
- Cover the crust with non-stick foil. Shape to fit tightly on top of crust with the non-stick side facing down. Fill with dried beans or pie weights.
- Bake crust for 10 minutes at 425 degrees, then reduce the heat to 375 degrees for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and carefully lift the beans and foil of the top of the crust.
- Place the crust back in the oven for three more minutes, uncovered, to dry out. Remove from oven and cool on rack, while you mix your custard. keep the oven at 375 degrees.
- For the custard, place all of the ingredients in a food processor and mix until very smooth and homogenous. Pour into the slightly cooled crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees about 25 minutes, or until set. Use a pie shield to prevent the edges of the crust from burning.
- Cool pie an a rack. Chill a few hours. Let sit a room temp for 30 minutes, when you want to serve.