Cranberry Pie (2 crust)
2 1/3 cflour
14 Tbspcold unsalted butter, cut in pats
5 Tbspice water
FOR THE FILLING
12 oz pkgfresh cranberries
1 1/4 csugar
1 Tbspcold unsalted butter
How to Make Cranberry Pie (2 crust)
- To make the pastry, place the 2 1/3 cup flour and 3/4 tsp salt in a food processor. Pulse to mix. Add the butter pats and pulse approx 24 times or until a coarse meal is achieved.
- Add 4 Tbsp of the ice water and pulse dough 12 times. Add the other 1 Tbsp of ice water and pulse until the dough starts to come together, about 12 times.
- Place dough in bowl and gather with hands to form a ball. Divide in half and make 2 discs. Stack between sheets of waxed paper and chill in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by rinsing the fresh cranberries in a colander and draining well.
- Measure the flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well. Add the cranberries and toss well.
- Roll out one of the discs on a well floured surface to fit in a 9 inch pie pan. Line the pie pan with the pastry.
- Place all the cranberries in the pie shell. Distribute the sugar mix evenly. Dot with the cold butter.
- Roll out second disc for the top crust on a well floured surface. Place on top of lower crust and cranberries and seal the edges well. Cut a hole and vents in the top of the crust.
- Bake in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake 48-53 minutes more. The filling will be bubbling and the crust will be nicely colored. Use a pie shield if the edges of the crust start to burn.
- Cool pie on a rack. Serve warm or room temp. This pie is delicious with vanilla ice cream.