Cranberry Pie (2 crust)
- 2 1/3 c
- 3/4 tsp
- 14 Tbsp
- cold unsalted butter, cut in pats
- 5 Tbsp
- ice water
- 12 oz pkg
- fresh cranberries
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/4 c
- 1/8 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- cold unsalted butter
FOR THE FILLING
How to Make Cranberry Pie (2 crust)
- 1To make the pastry, place the 2 1/3 cup flour and 3/4 tsp salt in a food processor. Pulse to mix. Add the butter pats and pulse approx 24 times or until a coarse meal is achieved.
- 2Add 4 Tbsp of the ice water and pulse dough 12 times. Add the other 1 Tbsp of ice water and pulse until the dough starts to come together, about 12 times.
- 3Place dough in bowl and gather with hands to form a ball. Divide in half and make 2 discs. Stack between sheets of waxed paper and chill in fridge for 20-30 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, make the filling by rinsing the fresh cranberries in a colander and draining well.
- 5Measure the flour, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well. Add the cranberries and toss well.
- 6Roll out one of the discs on a well floured surface to fit in a 9 inch pie pan. Line the pie pan with the pastry.
- 7Place all the cranberries in the pie shell. Distribute the sugar mix evenly. Dot with the cold butter.
- 8Roll out second disc for the top crust on a well floured surface. Place on top of lower crust and cranberries and seal the edges well. Cut a hole and vents in the top of the crust.
- 9Bake in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes. Reduce heat to 375 degrees and bake 48-53 minutes more. The filling will be bubbling and the crust will be nicely colored. Use a pie shield if the edges of the crust start to burn.
- 10Cool pie on a rack. Serve warm or room temp. This pie is delicious with vanilla ice cream.