Cranberry Peach Pie
- 1 can peach slices, 29 oz
- 3 cups fresh cranberries, 3/4 lb.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- pastry for 2 crust lattice top pie, homemade or store bought
How to Make Cranberry Peach Pie
- 1Drain peaches, reserving 1 cup syrup; cut up peaches and set aside. In medium pan, mix cranberries and peach syrup. Cook til skins pop. If desired, remove some berries with slotted spoon; set aside for garnish around edge of baked pie.
- 2Mix sugar and cornstarch. Add to hot cranberries. Cook quickly, stirring constantly, til mixture thickens and bubbles. Remove from heat. Stir in peaches and almonds. Turn into pastry lined 9 inch pie plate. Add lattice top; seal and crimp edges high. Bake at 400 for 30 to 40 minutes. Serves 6 to 8