Cranberry Berry Pie
I used Sugar In The Raw (turbinado sugar) mixed with a little cinnamon sprinkled on top. You could also use the larger grained "sanding sugar"...either one gives you the extra texture and beautiful sparkle. Brush with egg white prior to sprinkling.
NOTE: The photo shows a piece that was cut too soon after it was taken out of the oven. This explains the juiciness. :-)
- 3/4 c
- 1/3 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 pinch
- 1/8 tsp
- 3 c
- mixed berries, frozen
- 1 c
- blueberries, frozen
- 1 c
- cranberries, whole
- pastry for 2 crust pie (deep dish)
- 1 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- sugar cinnamon mixture (see notes)
How to Make Cranberry Berry Pie
- 1Prepare pastry and line pan for bottom crust. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Toss together sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt with all berries. Place mixture in pie crust and dot with butter.
- 3Roll out remaining pie crust and cut steam vents on top crust. Brush with egg white and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 4Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 375 degrees for about 50 minutes or until crust is golden brown and fruit is bubbling in the center.
- 5Allow to cool slightly (or completely) before slicing.