Cranberry Apple pie
- pastry for 9 inch double crust pie
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup lightly packed basil leaves
- 3 cups sliced pared tart apples, about three medium
- 2 cups fresh or frozen thawed cranberries
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
How to Make Cranberry Apple pie
- 1heat oven to 425°.
- 2Prepare pastry. Mix sugar and flour. Alternate layers of apples cranberries and sugar mixture in pastry lined pie plate, beginning and ending with apples. Dot with margarine.
- 3Cover with top crust that has slits cut into; seal and flute. Cover edge with 2 to 3 inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking. Bake until crust is golden brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust, 40 to 50 minutes.