★★★★★ 2 votes5
- egg whites
- 1/4 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 3 Tbsp
- splenda (or 1 tbs splenda plus 2 tbs erythritol)
- small pkg sugar-free strawberry or raspberry gelatin (i like raspberry)
- 2 c
- heavy cream, cold
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 c
- splenda (or 1/8 c splenda + 1/8 c erythritol)
- 1 qt
- strawberries, cleaned & sliced
How to Make Cool Strawberry Cream Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Grease 10" pie plate and set aside.
- 2Beat egg whites until foamy; add cream of tartar,then beat another minute or two.
- 3Spread the meringue evenly in the bottom of the plate and up the sides.
- 4Bake 1 hour and 10 minutes at 275 degrees, then raise the oven temp to 300 degrees and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from oven and cool while you make filling.
- 5Dissolve gelatin with 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir in 1/3 cup cold water, then place in freezer for about 10-15 minutes, or just until it begins to gel.
- 6When the gelatin is ready, beat the cream cheese til soft, then add cream a bit at a time until all is incorporated and continue beating for 2-5 minutes, or until desired consistency. Continue by folding in gelatin & sliced berries, reserving a few for garnish, if you like.
- 7Pour over cooled meringue shell, cover with plastic wrap and chill @ least 2 hours. This just gets better with time, and holds up beautifully over several days!