Cookies and Cream Pie
How to Make Cookies and Cream Pie
- 1Allow the ice cream and whipped topping to soften.
- 2Fill the Oreo crust with the softened "Cookies and Cream" ice cream. It normally takes just under 1/2 gallon. Work quickly!
- 3Top the ice cream layer with the chocolate syrup.
- 4Put the filled crust in the freezer to firm up, about one hour.
- 5Top the pie with the whipped topping.
- 6Finish the pie with chocolate sprinkles.
- 7Placed the finished pie in the freezer to get firm for a minimum of two hours.
- 8How easy is this? I have had success with adding peanut butter to top the ice cream layer, and garnishing the pie with peanuts. Another version uses pralines and cream ice cream in a shortbread-typed crust garnished with chopped pecans. Also, any of the new gourmet ice creams can inspire endless vaiations!