Coffee Macaroon Pie
The coffee in this gives it a very unique flavor.
1 1/2 csugar
1/4 ccold coffee
2 Tbspmelted butter
1 tsplemon juice
1/4 tspalmond extract
1 1/2 ccoconut, shredded ; cut up
1unbaked 9" pie shell
How to Make Coffee Macaroon Pie
- Add salt to egg yolks and beat until thick and lemon-colored.
- Add sugar , 1/2 cup @ a time , beating well. Add coffee , butter , lemon juice and almond extract ; blend well.
- Fold in coconut and stiffly beaten egg whites. Turn into pie shell.
- Bake in oven @ 375° for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean ; cool before serving.
- NOTE : IF YOUR OVEN RUNS A LITTLE HOT BAKE @ 350°