COFFEE AND CREAM ICEBOX PIE
Think about making two pies to offer seconds to your family and friends.
- 1 pkg
- (9 oz) chocolate wafer crumbs (reserve some for garnish)
- 3 Tbsp
- butter -melted
- 2 c
- heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp
- espresso powder, instant
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 c
- hazelnuts for garnish; finely chopped
How to Make COFFEE AND CREAM ICEBOX PIE
- 1Combine crushed chocolate wafers with melted butter.
- 2Pour into a 9-inch pie or tart pan and press down firmly to form a crust. Bake crust in preheated 350 degree oven for 5 - 7 minutes. Let cool before adding filling.
- 3In a bowl, combine the cream, espresso powder and sugar. Whisk until the cream holds firm peaks.
- 4Spoon the whipped cream into the prepared pan and smooth with a spatula. Tap the pan firmly on the counter to even the cream and eliminate any air bubbles.
- 5Cover with plastic and refrigerate at least 24 hours; preferably 2 days.
- 6When ready to serve, mix the hazelnuts with the reserved cookie crumbs and sprinkle over the top of the pie.
- 7Slice with a warm knife and serve.