Coconut Dream Cream Tart
2 Cflour, plus more for dusting if needed
1 1/2 stickbutter, cold and chopped into sm. chunks
1 largeegg seperated
2 Tbsice water, little more if needed
" COCONUT DREAM FILLING" FOR 2 TARTS
1 can(s)(14 oz) coconut milk un sweetened
1 Tbspure vanilla extract/ or bean
3 Lgeegg yolks
2 TBScorn starch
1 Cupcoconut flakes sweetened
1 Cupheavy whipping cream
3 Tbspdr sugar or more to taste
How to Make Coconut Dream Cream Tart
- Make Pastry Shell: flour sgr salt in mixing bowl. add butter, mix till cconsistency of crumbs. make Well in center add egg, and ice water whisk to blend, if too crumbly add more water, 1 Tbs at a time.
- Pour into tart pan; press then out with bottom of a glass, press up sides. Prick with a fork all over.
Place in refer to chill 15 minutes.
- PreHeat Oven to 350.
Place tart Shell on cookie sheet Line shell with Foil on top of the tart, and fill with Beans, and up the sides so sides do not buckle, to weight down.
BAKE 30 Min. Remove Foil and beans.
- Beat Egg Whites and Lightly Coat Tart, return to oven till golden brown. Cool Completely.
Heat Coconut Milk, sgr, salt vanilla, over Med. Heat.
In Bowl, wish together eggs yolks, & corn starch.
Once the cream is hot, add 1/2 cup of the hot cream slowly to the yolks as not to cook the yolks, Whisk as you go constantly. Now pour the yolk Mixture into the cream, Continue to Whisk and heat over Med heat for 3 or so Minutes.
Mixture will turn thick, and will bubble.
Continue to Whisk for a full 3 more minutes. (or the Pastry cream will seperate as it cools.)
After 3 Minutes whisk in the butter, add coconut, & Pour into Shallow dish to cool, Cover with Plastic wrap so no skim forms on surface.
Chill in refer 1 hr or freeze 30 min.
- Once Cold, Stir to loosen cream.
WHIP the 1/2 cup Cream to Medium Peaks.
Stir in 1/3 of this cream, then Fold in the remaining cream to filling.
- Fill Tart with cool filling when Tart shell is Completely Cool.
Make Whipped Cream: Whip to Med. Peaks. Place on Top Filling
- Toast 1 Cup Coconut in oven till golden Brown.
Sprinkle on top of the Whipped Cream.
This recipe for Filling Makes enough for 2 tart Shells. or make one tart, and save it for something else.
May be a little work but it is very Much worth the effort, and the RAVES of DELIGHT!