Cin's Splendid Apple-Cranberry Pie
Make enough pastry dough for a double-crust pie. I used my Aunt Maxine's pie crust recipe (I've already posted in on JAP).
I barely got to eat this because everyone in the fam wanted to 'try' it... right, it was gone in no time.
If you try making it, I hope you enjoy it as much as we all did.
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This apple pie recipe has so much flavor! I love the mix of apples and cranberry. The strawberry nectar and the extracts make this really delicious. Top with some ice cream and everyone will gobble this up. The Test Kitchen
- 3 large
- fugi apples
- Fruit Fresh
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3/4 c
- 1/3 c
- dried cranberries (plumped)
- 1/4 c
- 1/3 c
- Jumex Strawberry Nectar (diet)
- 1 tsp
- ground saigon cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp
- sea salt
- 1/8 tsp
- freshly zested nutmeg
- capful each: rum, almond & butter extracts
- butter (to dot top of pie, before placing top crust on)
- pastry: make enough dough for a double-crust pie
How to Make Cin's Splendid Apple-Cranberry Pie
- 6Serve hot from the oven with vanilla ice cream (pie was also "splendid" served at room temperature).