★★★★★ 1 vote5
2.5 call purpose flour
2 Tbspground cinnamon
1/4 tspbaking powder
1/4 ccold water
1 capricot jam
1.5 capricot glaze
How to Make Cinnamon Peach Tart
- Form a large ring of flour on your work surface.
- In the center of the ring of flour make a mound of sugar, baking powder and cinnamon; also make a mound of butter cut into small squares.
- With the palm of your hand, cream the butter and add to the sugar mixture while continuing to cream.
- Push the flour into the center and blend with the butter/sugar mixture into a coarse meal.
- Add all the water, press to mix in the water, then work the dough into a ball with the palms to an equal consistency having no dry spots.
- Roll out one 10-inch tart shell on the floured work surface.
- Chill about half an hour.
- Place the shell into a pie pan, or tart pan and mold a piece of aluminum foil in the pan.
- Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Apricot Glaze: Combine jam, sugar and water in a heavy saucepan.
- Mix well, bring to a boil then simmer until clear.
- Peach Filling: Cut each peach into eight sections and arrange snugly in baked tart shell.
- Lightly brush apricot glaze over all peaches and serve.