★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2.5 c
- all purpose flour
- 3/4 c
- 5 oz
- 2 Tbsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/4 c
- cold water
- 1 c
- apricot jam
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 c
- ripe peaches
- 1.5 c
- apricot glaze
- cinnamon dough
How to Make Cinnamon Peach Tart
- 1Form a large ring of flour on your work surface.
- 2In the center of the ring of flour make a mound of sugar, baking powder and cinnamon; also make a mound of butter cut into small squares.
- 3With the palm of your hand, cream the butter and add to the sugar mixture while continuing to cream.
- 4Push the flour into the center and blend with the butter/sugar mixture into a coarse meal.
- 5Add all the water, press to mix in the water, then work the dough into a ball with the palms to an equal consistency having no dry spots.
- 6Roll out one 10-inch tart shell on the floured work surface.
- 7Chill about half an hour.
- 8Place the shell into a pie pan, or tart pan and mold a piece of aluminum foil in the pan.
- 9Bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown.
- 10Apricot Glaze: Combine jam, sugar and water in a heavy saucepan.
- 11Mix well, bring to a boil then simmer until clear.
- 12Peach Filling: Cut each peach into eight sections and arrange snugly in baked tart shell.
- 13Lightly brush apricot glaze over all peaches and serve.