Cinnamon Apple Cobbler
13 lb. bag of tart apples, peeled , cored and thinly sliced
1 tspapple pie spice, or pumpkin pie spice
3 tspbaking powder
1/4 cbutter or margarine
1 cconfectioners or regular sugar ( i used granulated )
How to Make Cinnamon Apple Cobbler
- Mix sugar and cinnamon with apple slices and set aside.
If you don't have tart apples, use less sugar.
- Mix flour, 2 tbs sugar, baking powder , 1/2 tsp cinnamon and salt.
mix in shortening
mix in milk well
- spray baking dish, with cooking spray.
place 1/2 of dough in pan, wet fingertips with cold water and spread over bottom of pan.
- place sugared apples on batter, dallop rest of dough over top, I packed apples down a little.
wet fingers again and spread dough over top of apples
- Bake in preheated 450 degree oven for about 20 minutes, or until golden brown
mix sugar and butter and another 1/2 tsp cinnamon together in a small bowl, spread over top crust
- turn oven down to 350 degrees.
bake 15 minutes.
- remove from oven and let cool.
- Run to the store for some vanilla ice cream !!
- NOTE* The size pan I used is larger than an 8 x8 x it is 10 x 5 oval.