Cinco de Mayo "Horchata Pie" Cinnamon Rice Pudding
Perfect light tasting, festive dessert to compliment a Mexican Cinco de Mayo dinner. :)
The jasmine rice, cardamom & rosewater set an unnoticeable, but aromatic stage for the cinnamon in this dessert. The sugar caramelizes a bit on the edges for extra flavor depth. Everyone who has tried this LOVES it.
This works in cupcake, or mini cupcake tins with wrappers, if you reduce the baking time.
- 1 c
- cooked jasmine rice
- 3/4 c
- 3/4 c
- cottage cheese
- 2 c
- (1 pint) half and half, cream, or mixture of the two
- 1 tsp
- 1 tsp
- cardamom powder (optional)
- 3 tsp
- rose water (optional)
- 1/2 tsp
- cinnamon sugar
How to Make Cinco de Mayo "Horchata Pie" Cinnamon Rice Pudding
- 1Cook jasmine rice (with optional drizzle of rosewater & 3 cardamom pods.)
Preheat oven to 350 F.
- 2Using a blender, blend cottage cheese with some of the half & half and/or cream. Once it is pureed to a smooth consistency, add the rest of the half & half/cream, vanilla, cardamom, rose water, & 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. Blend well.
- 3Pour mixture into a mixing bowl, and add sugar and eggs. Use a beater to mix thoroughly. (Or you may use your blender if it is large enough.) Stir in rice & mix well.
Pour into a deep dish pie plate. Sprinkle with cinnamon, then generously with cinnamon sugar.
- 4Bake at 350 F for one hour. The center may be very slightly jiggly, but it will set up when cooled.
Serve chilled or room temperature.