Chunky Pie ...Cin
I don't know the real name of it...I call it "Chunky Pie" (because it calls for chunky peanut butter to be used in it).
ALSO I have the Low-Cal variations included in a NOTE below.
I don't know how old this one is I just know I love it.
Well I love almost anything with peanut butter in it...=;D
AND...Susan Hunter helped us out by adding a photo of this recipe with her additions..making it into a
"Chocolate-Chunky Pie Tart"!!!
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 c
- chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 c
- 8 oz
- container frozen chool whip (thawed)
- 1/4 to 1/2 c
- peanuts (coarse chopped)
1 (9-INCH) GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST OR PREPARED BAKED AND COOLED PASTRY CRUST
How to Make Chunky Pie ...Cin
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended.
- 2Fold in cool whip; spoon into crust and sprinkle with the peanuts.
- 3Chill in frig for at least 8 hours before serving.
Dig in and enjoy!!!
you can also use my recipe for Homemade Splenda Powdered Sugar (posted in my Kitchen)...also use low-fat cream cheese and cool whip lite to even make it even a better calorie friendly pie.
- 5ADDITIONS from Susan Hunter:
"Cin I added Hershey Syrup and put it in a springform pan for baking. We love chocolate...it turned out gorgeous and delicious."
Susan also shared her photo of this with us...I made it the main photo.
- 6AGAIN I HAVE TO SAY...
I think Susan's adding chocolate made this simple pie even better...Chocolate and Peanut Butter just go together. Cin =;D