Chocolaty Pudding Pie With Blind Baked Coconut Oil Crust
To make a blind baked pie crust you will need a good quantity of beans and some parchment paper cut to the size of your pie plate.
- 1/2 c
- solidified coconut oil
- 1/4 c
- cold vegan margarine
- 2 c
- white spelt flour
- 3-4 Tbsp
- cold water
- 2-4.7 oz. pkg
- dr. oetker organic chocolate pie filling (the kind you cook)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp
- arrowroot flour
- 1 c
- shredded chocolate (dark is best)
- 3 c
- cold unsweetened almond chocolate milk
FOR THE BLIND BAKED PIE CRUST:
FOR THE CHOCOLATE PIE FILLING:
How to Make Chocolaty Pudding Pie With Blind Baked Coconut Oil Crust
- 1FOR THE PIE CRUST:
- 2I used my food processor to make this pie crust and it came out great!
- 3Preheat your oven to 400'F.
- 4Add the flour to your food processor and run it for a minute to sift the flour.
- 5Add the solidified coconut oil and cold margarine and pulse until you get a crumbly mixture.
- 6Slowly add the cold water.
- 7Stop the food processor and feel the dough. If it isn't sticky but holds together well then remove it from the food processor and form it into a disc. Roll it out and put into your pie tin.
- 8Then, put the round piece of parchment paper you cut out onto the unbaked pie crust. Center it and make sure you evenly distribute the beans on top of the parchment paper.
- 9Bake for 8 minutes. Then take the pie out of the oven and remove the beans and parchment. Return to the oven and bake for another 4-5 minutes or until golden. Cool on a rack.
- 10FOR THE PIE FILLING:
- 11Put both the packages of chocolate pudding/pie filling in a medium sauce pan. Add the arrowroot flour and shredded chocolate into the pot with the pudding pie mix and give it a good whisk to make sure it's well mixed. Turn on the stove and slowly add the milk to the mixture. Mix this well and you should have a thick yummy chocolaty mixture.
- 12Continually stir the pudding/pie mix or it will stick to the bottom of the pot. When it comes to a boil stir and continue cooking for another minute.
- 13Remove from the heat. Cool for 5 minutes and stir at least two more times in that 5 minute period.
- 14Add to your cooled pie crust. If you want put a piece of plastic wrap over the surface of the filling. This will prevent a skin from forming on top of the pie. Cool in the fridge for 3-4 hours, no less. You can also shred chocolate on top of the pie like I did.
- 15Add your favorite whipped topping on the pie, or on each individual piece. I like Tru Whip and my hubby likes Coconut Whipped Cream on his.