- 12 graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 5 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 10 oz. 60% bittersweet chocolate
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp. whipping cream
- 1 tbsp. corn syrup
- 2 tbsp. warm water
- 1 pkg. fresh berries
- 9 inch circular tart pan, 1 inch deep, fluted, preferred
How to Make Chocolate Tart
- 1For crust, preheat oven to 350. Crush graham crackers. Mix graham cracker crumbs with sugar and butter. Put in tart pan, pressing evenly onto bottom and sides. Bake til golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool.
- 2For filling, put 1 1/4 cups cream in small pan and bring to a boil. Chop 10 oz of the chocolate, put in a bow, pour cream over and it rest for 56 minutes. Gently stir chocolate til smooth
- 3Whisk together eggs, vanilla and salt in a bowl. Mix with chocolate mixture.
- 4Pour filling into cooled crust. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 1 hour
- 5For topping, Put remaining 2 Tbsp. of cream in small pan and bring to a boil. Chop remaining 2 oz. of chocolate and stir into cream til smooth. Stir in corn syrup and 2 Tbsp. of warm water.
- 6Pour topping onto tart, rotating and tilting so topping coats evenly.; Let stand for 1 hour.
- 7Plate for presentation with berries. Serves 8 to 10