Calories= 420; Total Fat = 26g; Sodium = 220mg; Fiber = 2g ...
NOT your diet piece of pie! But so delicious for the summer and something pretty and special to serve company!
1refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
1 c(6-oz bag) semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cpowdered sugar
3 Tbspkirsch (or water, or 7-up)
1 pkg(8-oz) cream cheese, room temperature
2 ptstrawberries, hulled, cleaned, and halved (3 to 4 cups)
3 Tbspred currant jelly
2 tspkirsch (or water or 7-up)
How to Make Chocolate-Strawberry Pie
- Soften ONE pie crust from a 15-oz. box, as directed on package. Save the other pie crust (regrigerated!) for another use.
Prepare your strawberries ahead of time: clean, hull, slice into halves, and allow to drain/dry, before pouring into pie.
- Heat oven to 450°. Place pie crust in a 9" glass pie pan, or a 10" tart pan with removable bottom. Prick the pie crust to prevent swelling and bowing, or use a pie weight to prevent crust from bowing up.
Bake according to pkg. instructions for ONE-CRUST pie. Cool crust completely, on a cooling rack. Make sure the pie pan is cool, too, so the heat doesn't transfer up thru the crust and get trapped by the filling once it's poured in ... your pie won't set up!
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt the chocolate chips and butter over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in powdered sugar, 3 tbsp. kirsch, and the cream cheese, until well blended. Pour into COOLED pie shell.
Arrange your prepared strawberries (make sure they're good and dry) over the chocolate mixture.
- In a 1-quart saucepan, heat the jelly, with 2 tbsp. of kirsch until warm and well mixed, and a thinner consistency.
Spoon OR brush the jelly over the strawberries, covering the entire thing. Pour any remaining glaze over the pie.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving time.
Cover and refrigerate any remaining pie (yeah, right! Leftovers? I don't think so!)