Chocolate Ricotta Pie
1 1/4 cgraham cracker crumbs
1/2 cbutter, melted
2 Tbspgranulated sugar
1 lbricotta cheese
3/4 cconfectioners' sugar
1 tspalmond extract
1 calmonds, toasted
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/4 cheavy cream
How to Make Chocolate Ricotta Pie
- PRE-HEAT oven to 375F.
- MIX graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar together in a bowl. Shape inside 9” pie plate. If crust is too crumbly, add a small amount of butter so crumbs will hold together. Bake at 375 for 8-9 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool.
- COMBINE ricotta, confectioner’s sugar, and almond extract in a bowl and set aside.
- COMBINE almonds and chocolate. Chop together in a food processor; do not chop too fine.
- FOLD together cheese mix and chopped almond & chocolate and chill.
- WHIP heavy cream until stiff. Fold into ricotta and chocolate mix half at a time.
- SPOON into chilled crust and let sit overnight before serving.
- Serve with chocolate sauce, if desired.