Chocolate Pie with Peanut Butter Crust
Blue Ribbon Recipe
When we first tasted this pie, the Crew and I immediately loved how much it tastes like our favorite Girl Scout Cookies! And even though the Rice Krispies get crushed in the prep, you still get the wonderful “snap, crackle, pop” with each bite!
This is a SUPER easy recipe - perfect for kids to jump in on and lend a hand. The Test Kitchen
3 crice krispies
1 1/2 cpeanut butter (prefer smooth)
2 pkginstant chocolate pudding (small) or 1 large box
·milk per package instructions but use 1/2 to 2/3 cup less milk for thicker pudding
·cool whip or whipped cream to top (optional)
How to Make Chocolate Pie with Peanut Butter Crust
- In large bowl mash Rice Krispies to medium fine. Then add Peanut Butter, mix and incorporate well.
- Press and line a pie plate with mixture. Bake crust at 325 degrees for 30 minutes to firm up crust. Then let crust cool.
- Mix Chocolate Pudding per directions but use just 2/3 of recommended milk, for firmer pie. Place in refrigerator to firm and chill.
- When crust has cooled add cooled pudding mixture and chill in refrigerator until time to serve.
- When served, add whipped topping and shaved chocolate if you choose.
- Variation: In place of pudding prepare with Chocolate Ice Cream. I also use Chocolate Ice Cream instead of the pudding at times. It is also very good. Happy cooking, Gary