When I saw this recipe I knew that I had to try it. I am always looking for that perfect recipe to satisfy my chocolate cravings.... and this sure did the trick!
Give it a try - I'm sure you'll enjoy it. And if you have any trouble with the mixture thickening properly, just add more flour and cocoa.
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 c
- 1/2 c
- egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- baked pie shell
How to Make Chocolate Pie
- 1Mix sugar, flour, salt, and cocoa in top of double boiler.
- 2Stir in milk and cook for 15 minutes over hot water, stirring constantly until thick.
- 3Add egg yolks and cook 3 minutes.
- 4Add butter, cool.
- 5Add vanilla and pour into baked 9" pie shell.
- 6Make meringue from remaining 3 egg whites, using 6 tablespoons sugar and 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 3/4 teaspoon cream of tartar.
- 7Spread on pie and bake at 350 degrees for about 15 to 20 minutes.