How to Make Chocolate Pie
- Combine sugar, cocoa and flour. Add a small amount of milk so that the mixture is still "grainy." This helps to mix in the eggs.
- Add eggs. Blend eggs into the sugar mixture and add rest of milk and butter. Butter will melt as the mixture heats.
- Cook piecrust according the package directions.
- Cook mixture on in the top of a double boiler on medium heat. Mixture will be done when it thickens. Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Let mixture cool slightly. Pour into precooked pie crust.
- Put the pie in the fridge to chill. Once chilled, top with whipped topping.