★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 baked pie shell
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3-1/2 cup cocoa
- 2 cups milk
- 2 t. butter
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs
How to Make Chocolate Pie
- 1Blend sugar, flour, and cocoa together in a 4 quart pan.
- 2Add milk. Stir with a spoon until well blended.(I like to use a wooden spoon.)
- 3Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is hot.
- 4Beat egg yolks in a seperate bowl and add about 1/2 cup of cocoa mixture to it to temper the eggs. Mix and return to pan and keep stirring.
- 5When the mixture thickens and heavy coats the spoon add butter and vanilla. Mix well. Pour into baked pie shell.
- 6Make meruinge with whites. Add 1/4 cup sugar to whites a little at a time until stiff peaks form. spread over chocolate mixture and bakein 375 degree oven for about 15 minutes or until meruinge is lightly browned. Cool to room temp and serve.