Chocolate Pecan Pie w/ homemade whipped cream
Recipe and photo are my own.
19 inch pie shell
3 largeeggs, beaten
1 1/2 cpecan halves
1 cbrown sugar
3/4 cdark corn syrup
1/4 csemi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cmilk chocolate chips
3 Tbspbutter, melted
HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM
2 cheavy whipping cream
8 Tbsppowdered sugar
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Pie w/ homemade whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- While oven preheats, melt butter in a small sauce pan on the stove or in the microwave. While butter is melting, add beaten eggs to a medium sized bowl.
- Stir in brown sugar, flour, vanilla and corn syrup until combined. Add butter when just melted.
- Mix in pecans and chocolate chips. Stir all together. Pour mixture into unbaked pie shell.
- Place a sheet tray or a piece of foil on bottom rack below where the pie will sit to bake. Place pie on top rack in the center of the oven and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Shield your pie crust for first 30 minutes or so of baking OR shield your pie crust for at least the second half of baking to avoid crust over browning.
- Let pie cool AT LEAST an hour before cutting. When ready to eat, serve with a HUGE dollop of homemade whipped cream. ENJOY!
- ~~HOMEMADE WHIPPED CREAM~~
Place a metal or glass bowl in the freezer at least 15 minutes prior to making.
With a mixer, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add powdered sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Fold in vanilla.
***TIP*** Using powder sugar instead of regular sugar will keep your cream from separating.