Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
16 1/2 ozrefrigerated sugar cookie dough
1 clight corn syrup
1/3 cfirmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cmelted butter
3 Tbspall purpose flour
1 tspvanilla extract
2 ccoarsely chopped pecans
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
- Line a 9x13 baking pan with heavy-duty foil or parchment paper, extending about 1 inch above sides of pan.
- Press softened cookie dough evenly onto bottom ONLY of pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and quickly sprinkle semi-sweet chocolate chips over the hot cookie. Let stand 5 minutes, then spread chocolate evenly over crust. Some people prefer not to spread the chocolate out and just pour the filling over the whole chocolate chips.
- In large mixing bowl, beat eggs with electric mixer for 2 to 3 minutes until thick and lemon colored. Stir in corn syrup, brown sugar, butter, flour, and vanilla until smooth. Fold in pecans.
- Pour filling over chocolate covered cookie. Bake in 350°F. oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately loosen edges from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Use foil to lift pecan bars out of pan; place on cutting board. Use large sharp knife to cut into 1 x 2-inch bars. Store tightly covered in refrigerator.