★★★★★ 1 vote5
- ready made pie crust (for 2-crust pie)
- 1/2 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp
- 2/3 c
- 1 c
- light karo
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 c
- chopped pecans
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Pie
- 1Place one crust in pie dish and chill until ready to fill. Make lattice with other crust on parchment paper and chill.
- 2Melt the chocolate with the butter and set aside.
- 3Combine sugar and Karo until dissolved; bring to a boil and simmer for two minutes.
- 4Beat eggs well and stir in the chocolate-butter mixture; add sugar-Karo mixture and blend thoroughly.
- 5Stir in the vanilla and chopped pecans and then set aside cool completely.
- 6Pour batter into pie crust, place lattice on top and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until lightly browned.
- 7Cool completely before serving.