★★★★★ 1 vote5
1ready made pie crust (for 2-crust pie)
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 clight karo
1 tspvanilla extract
1 cchopped pecans
How to Make Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Place one crust in pie dish and chill until ready to fill. Make lattice with other crust on parchment paper and chill.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter and set aside.
- Combine sugar and Karo until dissolved; bring to a boil and simmer for two minutes.
- Beat eggs well and stir in the chocolate-butter mixture; add sugar-Karo mixture and blend thoroughly.
- Stir in the vanilla and chopped pecans and then set aside cool completely.
- Pour batter into pie crust, place lattice on top and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool completely before serving.