- pie crusts made from scratch, or:
- 1 box
- refridgerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- egg, beaten
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 c
- creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 c
- (8 oz) tub of cool whip, thawed
- large banana
- 2 Tbsp
- hershey's special dark cocoa
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 can(s)
- (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1 c
PEANUT BUTTER - CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Cream Pie
- 1Heat oven to 450*F. Place 1 pie crust into ungreased 9 inch pie pan. Firmly press against the sides and bottom. Cut heart shapes or other desired shapes in second pie crust. Add the heart shape cut outs to the edge of pie crust with beaten egg, then brush the tops of the shapes and pie crust with beaten egg. Prick the sides and bottom of crust with a fork. Bake 10-12 minutes or until light brown, then cool.
- 2In a 2 quart saucepan, melt butter & cocoa over medium heat and stir.
Remove from heat, add sugar, evaporated milk and vanilla.
Return to heat. Cook until desired thickness, stirring constantly. Set a side.
Left over chocolate sauce can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- 3In large bowl, beat peanut butter, cream cheese and sugar together. I use my KitchenAid mixer, but you can use a hand mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping until combined.
- 4Spread 1/2 cup chocolate sauce over cooled pie crust. Slice banana into 1/4 inch circular slices and arrange over the chocolate sauce. Spread peanut butter cream cheese filling into pie shell, on top of banana slices.
- 5Drizzle 2 Tbsp. of chocolate sauce over filling. If you want to get artsy, add a garnish on top of pie. Use your imagination! Refrigerate until ready to serve. Refrigerate any LEFT OVER pie, good luck with that!