Chocolate Dream Pie
You will love or hate me after making this!
Blue Ribbon Recipe
Wow... this is one of those desserts that's easy to make but looks and tastes like you spent all day preparing it. The crust is buttery, flaky and perfect with all the chocolate. The dual chocolate layers are genius. The bottom dark chocolate layer is rich and creamy. The chocolate mousse layer is silky smooth and melts in your mouth. It's definitely a decadent dessert everyone will ask for a second slice of. It's heavenly. The Test Kitchen
- 9-inch prepared pie crust shells, baked
- use the scraps of pie dough to bake up decorations, dust with powdered sugar if desired
- 2 c
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1 1/4 c
- white sugar
- 1/3 c
- unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 c
- plus 1 tablespoon, all-purpose flour
- 1 dash(es)
- 3 large
- egg yolks, mixed and set aside in medium bowl
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 2 box
- instant chocolate mousse (or make your own),plus ingredients per package directions
- Whipped cream for topping
How to Make Chocolate Dream Pie
- 1Make up your pie crust and bake per directions. Make some decorations up too with your scraps! Coat the scraps with egg wash for a nice golden color.
You can use any pie crust recipe but you may want to try mine. It doesn't shrink that bad after baking without any filling inside. I don't put any beans in it either and it bakes so good. Light and flaky!
- 8Pour evenly into your pie shells. Let that cool down completely.