Chocolate Coconut Cheese Pie
- prebaked pie crust for 1-crust pie
- 8 oz
- cream cheese, softened
- 2 c
- heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2/3 c
- sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1 pkg
- (6-oz.) chocolate instant pudding mix
- 2 1/2 c
- 1 c
- coconut, toasted
How to Make Chocolate Coconut Cheese Pie
- 1Beat the 2/3 cup sugar and the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth and light. Add one cup cream and vanilla extract, and beat on medium-high speed until smooth and almost the consistency of whipped cream.
- 2Make the pudding following the directions on the package. Add 1/2-3/4 of the coconut to the pudding and fold in.
- 3Beat 1 cup of cream with 2 tablespoons sugar until soft peaks.
- 4To assemble: Put the cream cheese mixture in pie crust and spread smooth. Place the pudding on top of the cream cheese mixture and top with whipped cream. Garnish with the remaining toasted coconut.