Chocolate Chess Pie
How to Make Chocolate Chess Pie
- 1Bring pie shells to room temperature. Place on foil lined cookie sheets.
- 2Melt butter.
- 3Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- 4Add vanilla.
- 5Add cocoa beat well to completely combine.
- 6Add melted butter.
- 7Add canned milk. Beat until well combined.
- 8Pour into pie shells.
- 9Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- 10Turn oven down to 350 and bake for 35 minutes.
- 11Check pies and use the knife test. If a knife stuck in the middle of the pie comes out clean pie is done. If the knife is not clean bake at 350 checking every five minutes until knife comes out clean.
- 12Cool. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. This is a very rich pie.
- 13Oh I forgot you need to preheat your oven to 425 to start.