Chocolate Chess Pie
How to Make Chocolate Chess Pie
- Bring pie shells to room temperature. Place on foil lined cookie sheets.
- Melt butter.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl.
- Add vanilla.
- Add cocoa beat well to completely combine.
- Add melted butter.
- Add canned milk. Beat until well combined.
- Pour into pie shells.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
- Turn oven down to 350 and bake for 35 minutes.
- Check pies and use the knife test. If a knife stuck in the middle of the pie comes out clean pie is done. If the knife is not clean bake at 350 checking every five minutes until knife comes out clean.
- Cool. Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. This is a very rich pie.
- Oh I forgot you need to preheat your oven to 425 to start.