How to Make Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Tarts
- 1Remove pie dough from fridge. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large sauce pan, melt butter. Add in sugar and stir until sugar is dissolved. Add in syrup, cream, and vanilla. Once combined, remove from heat and stir in bourbon and pecans.
- 3Once pie dough is close to room temperature, prepare a floured surface. Place dough in center and begin to roll out dough. Have additional flour close by in case you need to add more. Once rolled out, use a cookie cutter to make the shape for the tart shells.
- 4Spray muffin pan with pam, then push dough into each muffin hole to form the shape for the tarts. Make sure the press the dough up against the sides.
- 5When dough is ready, pour filling into the tarts. I would say fill tart shell about 3/4 the way full. Sprinkle chocolate chips into each tart. Unless you want the chocolate melted in, then add the chips when you add the syrup, cream, and vanilla.
- 6Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes. Remove tarts from muffin tin once cool. Store in an air tight container.