Chocolate and Caramel Apple Pie
I LOVE the fall flavors of apples and cinnamon then toss on some chocolate and caramel…..I think I’ve died and gone to heaven :) Hope you will all enjoy this simple yet completely impressive and scrumptious “freeform” little pie.
2apples (choice peeled and diced)
3 Tbspbrown sugar, light
1 tspground cinnamon
1rolls (pillsbury pie dough)
5caramels (rolo chocolate, unwrapped and quartered)
·powdered sugar (for dusting)
How to Make Chocolate and Caramel Apple Pie
- Dice 2 nice apples
- Brown a few Tablespoons of butter and throw in your diced apples, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour onto center of rolled pie dough
- quarter a handful of Rolo’s
- Place on top of apples
- Now the fun part….folding your dough edges. Don’t worry too much about this part. Do the best you can, it even looks good when it’s not perfect :) You basically pick up a piece of dough and fold it over. Do this around the entire circle of dough.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat. When melted add diced apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Roll out pie dough then pour cooked apples in center of dough leaving a 1 1/2 inch border around edges. Top with quartered Rolo’s then take edges of pie dough and fold over to create a pleated edge.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pie edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool completely. Before serving dust with powdered sugar.