Chocolate and Caramel Apple Pie
I LOVE the fall flavors of apples and cinnamon then toss on some chocolate and caramel…..I think I’ve died and gone to heaven :) Hope you will all enjoy this simple yet completely impressive and scrumptious “freeform” little pie.
- 3 Tbsp
- apples (choice peeled and diced)
- 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar, light
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- rolls (pillsbury pie dough)
- caramels (rolo chocolate, unwrapped and quartered)
- powdered sugar (for dusting)
How to Make Chocolate and Caramel Apple Pie
- 1Dice 2 nice apples
- 2Brown a few Tablespoons of butter and throw in your diced apples, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 3Pour onto center of rolled pie dough
- 4quarter a handful of Rolo’s
- 5Place on top of apples
- 6Now the fun part….folding your dough edges. Don’t worry too much about this part. Do the best you can, it even looks good when it’s not perfect :) You basically pick up a piece of dough and fold it over. Do this around the entire circle of dough.
- 7Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat. When melted add diced apples, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until softened.
- 8Roll out pie dough then pour cooked apples in center of dough leaving a 1 1/2 inch border around edges. Top with quartered Rolo’s then take edges of pie dough and fold over to create a pleated edge.
- 9Bake for 30-35 minutes or until pie edges are golden brown. Remove and let cool completely. Before serving dust with powdered sugar.