Chiffon Pumpkin Pie
- 1 1/3 c
- 2 pkg
- knox gelatin
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 can(s)
- pumpkin puree
- egg whites
- 2/3 c
- pie shells, baked
- 2 pt
- heavy whipping cream
- sugar to taste (optional)
How to Make Chiffon Pumpkin Pie
- 1Combine ingredients from Step One in large saucepan, over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves.
- 2Add ingredients from Step Two to saucepan. Cook stirring constantly until mixture thickens.
- 3Add ingredients from Step Three to the thickened mixture and stir until incorporated. Remove from heat and chill mixture until set.
- 4Meanwhile, beat egg WHITES from Step Four until SOFT peaks form.
- 5Add sugar from Step Four (a little at a time) and beat until STIFF peaks form.
- 6Fold chilled pumpkin mixture into egg white mixture. Pour into cooled BAKED pie shells from Step Five.
- 7Whip ingredients from Step Six until stiff.
- 8Cover pie with whipped cream, sprinkle with cinnamon, and refrigerate.