Chicken & Pierogie Pot Pie in Puff Pastry
Till this time. Above, you can see the crispy, flaky goodness!! The puff pastry not only brought this simple filling to the level I was looking for, it literally "rocked it" as I like to say...
I hope you enjoy it as much as we did!!
- 2 c
- cooked chicken (shredded/diced)
- 3/4 pkg
- mini potato & cheese pierogies (14-16) frozen and diced
- 1 1/2 c
- frozen veggies diced (i used green/wax beans and baby carrots)
- 1 1/4 tsp
- dried marjoram
- 3/4 tsp
- onion powder
- 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- 3 Tbsp
- butter (i used unsalted)
- 2 tsp
- chicken base (or 2 bouillon cubes)
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- cream (i used fat free)
- puff pastry sheet, thawed
- egg beaten (for egg wash)
- 4 small
- pie tins
How to Make Chicken & Pierogie Pot Pie in Puff Pastry
- 3Measure out your water and add your chicken base to the water and stir for a second or so. No need to dissolve completely, the cooking process will do that. Add your chicken water to skillet and stir. You will see your chicken mixture literally thicken, no need for thickeners in this recipe. The magic of the pierogies thickens this dish naturally, see...
- 4Bring to simmer, add your pepper, stir, cover and let the filling cool. As the filling is cooling, the pierogies will literally plump up. You want the pierogies to plump up and just become little gems of goodness in your mouth!!
While filling is cooling, let's prepare our dough. On a flat surface, liberally sprinkle flour. Add your thawed pastry sheet and sprinkle a little more flour on top. Roll out your pastry sheet to an about 12 x 16 rectangle. Cut into four pieces.
- 9Lay your quartered pastry sheets evenly over each pie. You can either bring your bottom dough over and incorporate it with the top, or you can bring the top under, and incorporate it with the bottom piece. I've done it both ways so you can see, and I prefer to bring the bottom over to meet the top and twisting the ends. Brush liberally with egg wash and cut 2 slits onto the top to allow for steam to escape.