1 cbrown sugar
2 stickbutter or margarine, melted
2 cquick cooking oats, uncooked
1 1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspbaking soda
1 tspground cinnamon
1 cchopped nuts of your choice
1 can(s)(21 ounce) cherry pie filling
How to Make Cherry Oatmeal Delight
- Mix together butter and brown sugar with a spoon.
- In a separate bowl whisk together oats, flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and add to brown sugar and butter mixture stirring to mix well.
- Fold in nuts. Remove 1 cup of mixture and set aside for topping.
- Spray a 9 x 9 inch baking dish and press oat mixture into bottom of dish.
- Add cherry pie filling on top of oats. You might want to add a little sugar to the pie filling if it is too tart for you.
- Drop spoonfulls of oat mixture from the cup you set aside on top of cherries.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 30 to 35 minutes.