Cherry Cream Pie by Maggie
Over the years I've changed only 1 thing - the flavor. She made cherry and I use black cherry. I've used strawberry and we add a few slices of banana to the pie and then top it with some bananas and fresh strawberries if we have them.
Sometimes I use orange and we top that with Mandarin oranges. There are so many fun flavors these days that you can choose something different each time you make this pie.
It always brings back happy childhood memories of a hot summer nights.
1graham cracker crust ***
1small pkg (3 oz) black cherry jello
1/2 cfiltered water
16 ozcherry yogurt - fruit at the bottom is preferred
1 pkgdream whip
1-1/2 ccool whip topping
·cherries - optional for garnish
·whipped cream - optional for garnish
How to Make Cherry Cream Pie by Maggie
- *** NOTE: Make your own graham cracker crust or purchase a pre-made one from the grocery store.
You can make this in a 9" square baking dish or a regular pie plate.
- Boil the 1/2 cup of filtered water and add it to the box of jello in a medium sized bowl.
Whisk together then put the jello into the refrigerator to cool down for at least 20 minutes. It should be cooler than room temperature.
- While you are chilling the jello make 1 pkg of dream whip per the instructions.
OR measure out 1-1/2 cups of cool whip if you are using that instead.
- Put the cherry yogurt into the jello and whisk together.
Add the dream whip or cool whip and whisk together.
- Pour mixture into your pie crust.
Cover and place in fridge for about 3 hours - overnight is best.
- Cut into slices and serve with cherries or whipped cream if desired for garnish.