★★★★★ 1 vote5
- pie shell, baked
- 1 1/2 c
- ricotta cheese
- egg yolks, reserve whites
- 3/4 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 3/4 c
- light cream (or half and half)
- 3/4 tsp
- egg whites that you have reservered.
How to Make Cheese Pie
- 1Beat the cheese until smooth. Add in the egg yolks and beat well.
- 2Mix together the sugar, flour and salt. Add it into the cheese mixture. Beat smooth
- 3Beat in cream and vanilla.
- 4Beat the egg whites until they are stiff (be sure the beaters are clean for this step) Gently fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture incorporating well but not over mixing (you'll deflate the whites)
- 5Pour into a pie shell and sprinkle with nutmeg
Bake at 400 for 10 minutes then turn the oven down to 350 and bake another 30 minutes or until firm
- 6Do not refrigerate right away and be sure to flute the crust high as this pie rises quite a bit.