★★★★★ 1 vote5
1pie shell, baked
1 1/2 cricotta cheese
3egg yolks, reserve whites
3/4 clight cream (or half and half)
3egg whites that you have reservered.
How to Make Cheese Pie
- Beat the cheese until smooth. Add in the egg yolks and beat well.
- Mix together the sugar, flour and salt. Add it into the cheese mixture. Beat smooth
- Beat in cream and vanilla.
- Beat the egg whites until they are stiff (be sure the beaters are clean for this step) Gently fold the egg whites into the cheese mixture incorporating well but not over mixing (you'll deflate the whites)
- Pour into a pie shell and sprinkle with nutmeg
Bake at 400 for 10 minutes then turn the oven down to 350 and bake another 30 minutes or until firm
- Do not refrigerate right away and be sure to flute the crust high as this pie rises quite a bit.