Cheery Cream Cheese Cherry Pie
You can make this kid friendly by leaving out the Kahlua.
We like Kahlua .. but you can add Baileys or anything you like.
Just so good !
1 can(s)cherry pie filling - not the type with thin syrup
8 ozcream cheese - softened
1/4 ckahlua (or any other liqueur you like)
1 cvery cold whole milk or half and half
1small pkg instant pudding - chocolate or vanilla flavored
1cookie crumb pie crust - store bought or home made ( we like the dark chocolate one for this pie )
·whipped cream - from a can or beaten from the carton
How to Make Cheery Cream Cheese Cherry Pie
- Place the can of cherry pie filling into the fridge so it will be very cold at serving time.
- Put your softened cream cheese into a medium size bowl.
Whip the cream cheese until it's light and fluffy.
- Slowly add the Kahlua to the whipped cream cheese and beat until well incorporated.
Gradually add milk until the mixture is well blended.
- Sprinkle the dry pudding mix over the cream cheese mixture and beat for about 40 seconds.
Be sure you scrape down the sides of the bowl to get everything incorporated.
- Scoop your mixture into the pie crust and spread it around.
Put it into the refrigerator and chill well .. at least an hour or more.
- At serving time you can either pour the entire can of cherries on top of the pie and then slice and serve or just slice and serve and let everyone put on their own cherries.
Top with some whipped cream and enjoy !
- It's fun to shake some chocolate sprinkles on top of the whipped cream at serving time.
Be sure to store any leftovers in the refrigerator.