CAROLS GRATED APPLE PE
1single unbaked pie crust shell [9 in.] [deep-dish]
1 1/4 csugar
1/2 tspnutmeg, ground
·dash of salt
1/4 cplus 2 tbsp. melted butter or margarine
1 tspvanilla extract
4 ccoarsely grated peeled apples [i like macintosh]
1 cpecans, chopped
How to Make CAROLS GRATED APPLE PE
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, sugar,nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in the eggs, butter and vanilla.
- Fold in the shredded apples.
- Spoon into pie shell.
- Sprinkle top with pecans.
- Bake for 10 minutes. [400 degrees]
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Bake an additional 60-65 minutes.
- NOTE: I serve it with either whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- NOTE: It's a nice firm pie that's easy to cut.