CAROLS GRATED APPLE PE
- single unbaked pie crust shell [9 in.] [deep-dish]
- 1 1/4 c
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- nutmeg, ground
- dash of salt
- eggs, beaten
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 tbsp. melted butter or margarine
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 4 c
- coarsely grated peeled apples [i like macintosh]
- 1 c
- pecans, chopped
How to Make CAROLS GRATED APPLE PE
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 2Combine flour, sugar,nutmeg and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- 3Stir in the eggs, butter and vanilla.
- 4Fold in the shredded apples.
- 5Spoon into pie shell.
- 6Sprinkle top with pecans.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes. [400 degrees]
- 8Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- 9Bake an additional 60-65 minutes.
- 10NOTE: I serve it with either whipped cream or Cool Whip.
- 11NOTE: It's a nice firm pie that's easy to cut.