Carol's Coconut Cream Pie
1 csweetened flaked coconut
3 chalf and half
3/4 cwhite sugar
1/2 call purpose flour
1 tspvanilla extract
1(9 inch) pie shell baked
1 cfrozen whipped topping, thawed
How to Make Carol's Coconut Cream Pie
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and bake it, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan combine the half and half, eggs, sugar, flower and salt and mix well.
- Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Cook stirring constantly for 2 more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 3/4 cup of the toasted coconut and the vanilla extract.
- Reserve the remaining coconut to top the pie.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- Top with whipped topping and with the reserved coconut.