Carol's Coconut Cream Pie
How to Make Carol's Coconut Cream Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Spread the coconut on a baking sheet and bake it, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- 3In a medium saucepan combine the half and half, eggs, sugar, flower and salt and mix well.
- 4Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly.
- 5Cook stirring constantly for 2 more minutes.
- 6Remove the pan from the heat and stir in 3/4 cup of the toasted coconut and the vanilla extract.
- 7Reserve the remaining coconut to top the pie.
- 8Pour the filling into the pie shell and chill until firm, about 4 hours.
- 9Top with whipped topping and with the reserved coconut.