Carol's Cherry Cobbler
How to Make Carol's Cherry Cobbler
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the butter in a 9x13 inch baking dish and place in the oven to melt while the oven is preheating.
- Remove as soon as butter has melted, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup of flour, 1 cup of sugar and baking powder.
- Mix in the milk until well blended, then pour the butter into the pan over butter. Do not stir.
- Rinse out the bowl from the batter and dry. Place cherries into the bowl and toss with the remaining 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Distribute the cherry mixture evenly over the batter. Do not stir.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes in the preheated oven until golden brown. A toothpick inserted into the cobbler should come out clean.