★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1/4 c
- butter, cold
- 3/4 c
- 1/4 c
- 2 large
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- pie crust shell
- 2 c
- pecans, halved
How to Make Caramel Pecan Pie
- 1Bake a pie crust @ 400 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Don't forget to use a fork to pierce the crust or use foil or parchment with pie weights so the crust doesn't puff up.
- 2Combine caramels, butter and water in a double boiler until it's all melted together.
- 3Combine eggs, sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix well.
- 4Now carefully, which means stir rapidly and add slowly, add the egg mixture to the caramel mixture. If you don't heed my warning you will end up with scrambled sugary eggs in the caramel.
- 5Once this is combined and stirred until smooth, add pecans.
- 6Pour into prepared pie crust.
- 7Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 20 minutes.