CARAMEL PECAN FRENCH SILK PIE
1baked pastry shell
1 cwhipping cream
1 csemi-sweet chocolate pieces (6 oz.)
2egg yolks, slightly beaten
3 Tbspcreme de cacao or whipping cream
1 jar(s)(12 1/4 oz.) caramel ice cream topping
3/4 ccoarsely chopped toasted pecans or almonds
1 cwhipped cream
·chocolate curls (optional)
How to Make CARAMEL PECAN FRENCH SILK PIE
- In a heavy medium saucepan combine the 1 cup whipping cream, chocolate pieces, butter and sugar. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Gradually stir half of the hot mixture into beaten egg yolks. Return egg mixture to chocolate mixture in saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and begins to bubble (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat. (Mixture may appear to separate.)
- Stir in the 3 Tbsp. creme de cacao or whipping cream. Place the saucepan in a bowl of ice water, stirring occasionally, until the mixture stiffens and becomes hard to stir (about 20 minutes.)
- Transfer the chocolate mixture to a medium mixing bowl. Beat cooled chocolate mixture with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 2 to 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Spread caramel ice cream topping in bottom of baked pastry shell. Sprinkle pecans or almonds evenly over caramel. Carefully spread filling into pie shell.
- Cover and refrigerate pie for 5 to 24 hours. To serve, top with whipped cream and if you like, garnish with chocolate curls.