- 3/4 c
- packed brown sugar
- 6 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp
- plus1 cup cold milk..divided
- 1/2 c
- chopped pecans
- 1 pkg
- (18-1/2oz)german chocolate cake
- 1 pkg
- 3.4-0z instant butterscothch pudding
- 2 c
- whipped topping or heavy whipping cream whipped with sugar
How to Make Caramel Chocolate Cake
- 1In a small saucepan combine brown sugar,butter,2 T.milk.
Cook & stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.Increase heat to medium. DO NOT STIR. cook for 3-6 minutes or until bubbles form in center & is amber brown.Remove from heat; stir in pecans. Cool to room temperature,stirring occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile bake cake according to package directions for 2-9" round cake pans.Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire racks. Cool completely.
- 3In a bowl whisk pudding mix & remaining milk,until smooth.
fold in whipped topping.
Cover & refrigerate until thickened,about 20 minutes.
Place 1 cake layer on a serving plate;spread with 3/4 cup pudding mixture.
Top with remaining layer.Spreads remaining pudding mixture over top & sides of cake.
Spoon pecan mixture around top edge.
Store in refrigerator.