★★★★★ 1 vote5
- rhodes dinner rolls - thawed to room temperature
- caramels cut in half
- 1/3 c
- 2 c
- peeled, chopped granny smith apples
- 1/4 c
- chopped pecans
- 1/2 c
- caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- melted butter
- cinnamon/sugar or powdered sugar(optional)
How to Make Caramel Apple Empanadas
- 1Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Flatten each roll into a 4-5 inch circle. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest while preparing filling.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine caramels, flour, apples, pecans, ice cream topping and lemon juice.
- 3Remove wrap from dough and place 1-2 tablespoons of filling on each dough circle. Brush edges of dough with milk and fold in half. Seal edges with a fork.
- 4Place on a sprayed baking sheet and bake at 350°F 12-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- 5Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar or powdered sugar, if desired