- frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shell, partially thawed
- 24 ounce container ricotta cheese
- 8 ounce container mascarpone, softened
- 1 large
- egg, slightly beaten
- 2/3 c
- 1 tsp
- pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp
- almond extract
- 1 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp
- raisins (optional)
How to Make Canoli Pie
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust on a cookie sheet.
- 2In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mascarpone, egg, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, chocolate chips and flour (and raisins if using them). Mix well.
- 3Pour into pie crust and place in oven with rack in the middle position.
- 4Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until browned on top and middle is only slightly "jiggly".
- 5Remove from oven and cool completely. Serve garnished with whipped cream if desired. Store any leftovers in refrigerator.