1frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shell, partially thawed
124 ounce container ricotta cheese
18 ounce container mascarpone, softened
1 largeegg, slightly beaten
1 tsppure vanilla extract
1/4 tspalmond extract
1 Tbspall purpose flour
1/2 csemi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbspraisins (optional)
How to Make Canoli Pie
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pie crust on a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, mascarpone, egg, sugar, vanilla, almond extract, chocolate chips and flour (and raisins if using them). Mix well.
- Pour into pie crust and place in oven with rack in the middle position.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until browned on top and middle is only slightly "jiggly".
- Remove from oven and cool completely. Serve garnished with whipped cream if desired. Store any leftovers in refrigerator.